I finally finished them! Couple of days ago I was in a strange state of mind because I voluntarily dug up the unfinished stays, took the back pieces apart, made them smaller, sewed everything back together again and trimmed and lined and generally finised the stays! Hooray!
Staymaking, not my favourite. But this time the result is slightly better than with the previous ones I've made. The pattern came from Norah Waugh's Corsets and Crinolines, and as said, I had to adjust the fitting a bit.
I call them the chinoiserie stays, because of the funny fabric (linen, btw), and it is very period appropriate because China and the far East were a source of facination to the 18th century fine society. The stays have altogether four layers: the top fabric, two layers of rather heavy cotton fabric and the batiste lining. I used cable ties and some scraps of rigilene for bones.
I also started embroidering the blue gown, not much progress yet but I like the look: